Christmas Tree Collection
What is the Trinity Christmas tree collection?
Every year Trinity runs a Christmas tree collection service to help raise funds for the hospice. An amazing team of volunteers will be out across Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde for one weekend in January picking up used trees and taking them to be recycled.
Last year alone our Christmas tree collection raised £24,300 for Trinity Hospice and recycle around 2,000 trees.
Where are you collecting from?
We'll be collecting trees from all FY addresses, as well as PR4.
FY1, FY2, FY3, FY4, FY5, FY6, FY7, FY8 and PR4
What dates are you collecting?
Our 2023 collection will run across three days:
- Friday 12th Jauary
- Saturday 13th January
- Sunday 14th Jaunary
All trees must be outside and ready to collect by 8am on Friday 12th*
How much does it cost?
Our service is free of charge but we kindly ask that you consider making a donation to Trinity Hospice in return.
No matter how big or small, your donation will help raise vital funds to support hospice care for people across the Fylde coast. Every pound and penny will come directly to Trinity and go towards patient care, whether that's at the hospice, in patient's homes, at the hospital or in local care homes. Thank you in advance for your generosity.
Donations can be made during the booking process.
How does the service work?
- Book your tree(s) in for collection by 9pm on Sunday 7th January via the button below.
- Once you've successfully made your booking, please place your tree(s) outside in a prominent position and somewhere that it can be easily seen/picked up from*. Our amazing volunteers will be out and about from 8.00am on the dates above and will collect it when they're in your area.
What happens to the trees once they're collected?
- Some trees will be taken to a local recycling centre
- Others will be made into wood chip which will then be used on our allotment. Thanks go to James Andrew Tree Care
- Many trees will planted on the sand dunes to help restore and stabilise them. This is done with the help of Lancashire Wildlife Trust.
We need crew members and transport to help with our 2023 collection.
If you can lend your time and/or have a vehicle to spare, visit our designated volunteer page to find out more about what's involved and to let us know you're interested.
This year's Christmas tree campaign is sponsored by:
As in previous years, we have partnered with JustHelping to run our Christmas Tree Campaign.
JustHelping supports volunteers, businesses and charities to contribute to their community and the environment. Our national Christmas tree collection raises essential funds for hospices and communities.