Trinity Hospice & Palliative Care Services, including Brian House, Safeguarding Statement:
Trinity Hospice & Palliative Care Services, including Brian House, is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all those it cares for. We recognise our responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect all from harm.
We work together to encourage an ethos which embraces diversity and respects the rights of children, young people and adults. We support the right of all to live free from abuse with respect; dignity and equality, believing that all should receive the support they need to reach their full potential and remain safe.
We promote a culture of listening to, and seeking the views of those we care for in a way that is appropriate to their age and understanding taking into account those views in individual decisions and in the establishment or development of services.
We will ensure that –
- The welfare of those we care for will always be paramount
- The rights, wishes and feelings of all those we care for and those important to them will be respected and listened to
- In keeping those we care for safe from harm we will work with the multi-disciplinary team both within the organisation and external to it sharing information and working within the parameters of the Mental Capacity Act.
- All staff, whatever their role will work in accordance with the interests of all those we care for and will follow the policy and procedures laid down by the organisation.
Our Safeguarding policies and procedures ensure that robust systems are in place and set out the framework within which all employees and volunteers of the organisation are required to work to keep children, young people and adults safe. They are therefore able to respond appropriately to any safeguarding concerns. Within the organisation we have the following in place and are therefore able to demonstrate the robust framework within which we work –
- Safeguarding policies and procedures
- Director responsibility for safeguarding within the organisation
- Safeguarding self-assessment audit tool for CCG commissioned services
- Organisational safeguarding action plan written by safeguarding group
- Organisational safeguarding group which meets quarterly
- Safeguarding adult and children leads
- Departmental safeguarding champions
- Links with external safeguarding teams
- Mandatory safeguarding training as governed by relevant documents
- External safeguarding training
- Safeguarding supervision