Yorkshire Three Peaks Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions before registering to take part in our Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge event.
- These booking terms and conditions apply to everyone who takes part in the Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge.
- These terms and conditions contain important information regarding participation and upon entry you agree to and accept these terms and conditions.
- All participants taking part in Yorkshire Three Peaks do so at their own risk. In no event shall Trinity Hospice be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during the event to be used to publicise or report on Yorkshire Three Peaks and Trinity Hospice generally. Should special dispensation be required, it is the responsibility of the participants to inform Trinity Hospice of such requirements.
- Participants must submit an official registration form with the correct non-refundable registration fee of £30.00. In addition participants must pledge to raise a minimum of £200 in sponsorship money in aid of Trinity Hospice. All funds donated or raised in sponsorship will go toward patient care provision.
- The minimum age to take part is 14 years old. Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian.
- Closing date for online entries is Friday 18th June 2021 at 10am.
- All participants must pledge to raise a minimum of £200 in sponsorship. Sponsor forms are included in your entry pack and must be returned by Monday 26th July 2021 along with all the fantastic funds you have raised!
- Sponsorship funds can be paid via cheque made payable to “Trinity Hospice”, along with your sponsorship form to Trinity Hospice, Low Moor Road, Blackpool, FY2 0BG, or alternatively you use our donate button at www.trinityhospice.co.uk/donate .
- Tick the Gift Aid box where applicable, so we can make your donations go 25% further for our patients. Imagine how much more funds the hospice would receive (at no extra cost to you).
- To create an online fundraising page through Just Giving page please visit: www.justgiving.com/trinitycare
- Yorkshire three peaks is a physically demanding event and it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the appropriate level of fitness and good health to participate.
- It is not a race and is a non-competitive; you will have a maximum of 12 hours to complete the challenge.
- For your safety and enjoyment of the event, we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the event organisers and Event Mountain guides.
- Participants are recommended to seek advice from their medical practitioner prior to taking part in this event, and make provisions to ensure their safe participation. If you have any medical conditions which could be adversely affected by exercise you must get written clearance from your doctor prior to taking part in the event.
- Participants are asked to come equipped with whatever necessary clothing, medication and nourishment is required to enable enjoyable and safe participation in this activity.
- Participants must ensure that their mobile phone is safely protected from adverse weather and not set on silent.
- We aim to ensure the commencement of the event, however should a decision be necessary to postpone or cancel the event, participants are encouraged to look out for updates via Trinity Hospice social media channels.
- Should alterations to the planned activity be necessary to ensure safety of our participants, we will give prior notice either before the event or on arrival to the event of any alterations made.
- The organisers reserve the right to stop walkers continuing if to do so would be potentially dangerous, (eg severe weather, onset of darkness). Anyone who then decides to continue will do so at their own risk.
- Trinity Hospice commits to delivering a COVID-Secure Event Environment; implementing all reasonably practicable measures to keep participants, staff and volunteers safe.
- Exped Adventure provides the mountain guides for this challenge; Exped Adventure will implement their own COVID-19 guidance and procedures; please see: Covid 19 Update — Exped Adventure for more information.
- Specific COVID-19 safety instructions will be issued to all participants prior to the event. These instructions will be enclosed in the Information Pack issued to each participant prior to the event.
- Participants must ensure they are following current UK government guidelines during the event in respects to COVID-19.
- Participants should NOT attend the event if they are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are required to Self-Isolate for any reason under NHS guidance: When to self-isolate and what to do - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS (www.nhs.uk)
- Trinity Hospice reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event due to circumstances out of our control in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Should the 2021 Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge be postponed; participants will be informed and their place will be transferred to the new event date.
What Should I Wear?
- British springtime is known to be changeable, so these conditions may be bright and sunny or cold, wet and windy. Please dress appropriately and bring layers.
- An essential ‘Kit List’ will be included in your information pack. The list includes walking boots, mobile phone and advice on appropriate clothing.
Trinity Hospice reserves the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions at any time.
If you have any questions about Yorkshire Three Peaks please contact Trinity Hospice on 01253 952556 or alternatively email: Kirsty.email@example.com