Terms and Conditions
Please ensure you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions before registering to take part.
- These booking terms and conditions apply to everyone who takes part in Santa Dash and those who attend as spectators.
- These terms and conditions contain important information regarding participation and upon entry you agree to and accept these terms and conditions.
- All participants taking part in Santa Dash do so at their own risk. In no event shall Brian House Children’s Hospice be liable for any injuries, loss or damages whatsoever.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during the event to be used to publicise or report on Santa Dash and Brian House Children’s Hospice generally. Should special dispensation be required, it is the responsibility of the participants to inform Brian House Children’s Hospice of such requirements.
- Santa Dash is an event for all the family including children and dogs, please respect and be aware of other competitors at all times.
- Participants must submit an official registration form with the correct non-refundable registration fee.
- The registration fee contributes largely to the cost of staging Santa Dash and includes your entry pack and fundraising materials. All funds donated or raised in sponsorship go toward patient care provision.
- Under 16s need to be accompanied by a responsible adult, who has also registered for the event.
- Entries are non-transferable.
- The entry pack includes a Santa suit, runner number, sponsor form, medal and hot chocolate on completion of the dash.
- Sponsor forms are included in your entry pack and must be returned as soon as possible after the Santa Dash, along with all the fantastic funds you have raised!
- Tick the Gift Aid box where applicable, so we can make your donations go 25% further for our patients. Imagine how much more funds the hospice would receive (at no extra cost to you).
- To create an online fundraising page through Just Giving page please visit: https://www.justgiving.com/trinitycare
- We ask that all sponsorship and donations are returned to Brian House Children’s Hospice by 31st January 2022. By doing so, Brian House can make sure that we are on target to achieve best possible care to those who need it. You can return your funds via cheque made payable to “Brian House Children’s Hospice”, along with your sponsorship form to Santa Dash, Brian House Children’s Hospice, Low Moor Road, Blackpool, FY2 0BG, or alternatively you can hand deliver your funds to our main reception between 9-9pm Monday to Sunday.
- All funds raised by your participation in events in support of Brian House Children’s Hospice are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of Brian House Children’s Hospice (registered charity no. 511009) and those who receive the support from its services. You are not permitted to use any of the sponsorship money you raise in relation to your entry to pay for your expenses.
- Please do not bring sponsor money on the day, send it or bring it into the hospice after the dash.
- We will make every effort to ensure your safety at the event but Brian House Children’s Hospice and Trinity Hospice cannot be held responsible for any loss or injury on the day.
- Prior to the event, each participant will receive an individual participant number. Please ensure you complete the contact information on the reverse and wear this number to the event. All participants must be accounted for throughout the route. These numbers are unique to you and therefore must not be swapped with other participants. This must be worn over your Santa suit which has been provided to you.
- Please wear your Santa Suit over your clothing – we want everyone to be recognised as a ‘dasher’ on the day!
- For your safety and enjoyment of the event, we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the event organisers and event marshals.
- If you are unable to complete the 2km (approx.) route in full, you must inform an event marshal that you are unable to continue and hand in your participant number. Assistance can be sought if required. Brian House Children’s Hospice recommend that where possible participants should walk with an acquaintance or stay with other participants
- Dogs must be on a lead at all times and please be mindful that not everyone is as keen on dogs as you! It is your responsibility to clean up after your dog.
- Santa Dash involves a level of sustained physical activity. Participants make the decision to take part and must be satisfied that this activity is suitable for them as individuals. Neither Brian House Children’s Hospice nor its affiliates can be held accountable for aggravation to illness or injury sustained due to participation in this activity.
- Participants are recommended to seek advice from their medical practitioner prior to taking part in this event, and make provisions to ensure their safe participation. Medical assistance will be available during Santa Dash.
- We aim to ensure the commencement of the event, however should a decision be necessary to postpone or cancel the event, participants are encouraged to look out for updates via Brian House Children’s Hospice and Trinity Hospice social media channels.
- Should alterations to the planned activity be necessary to ensure safety of our participants, we will give prior notice either before the event or on arrival to the event of any alterations made. This includes any changes to the start time
- British winter is known to be changeable, so these conditions may be bright and sunny or cold, wet and windy. Please dress appropriately for the weather on the day and wear your Santa suit on top of your layers.
- Alcohol is not permitted at the event. Brian House Children’s Hospice reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is under the influence of alcohol, whether consumed prior to commencement or during the event. This is done in order to prevent risk to the safety and enjoyment of yourself and others.
COVID – 19
- To ensure a COVID-secure event environment for all our participants, staff and volunteers. We STRONGLY advise ALL attendees to test before attending the event ensuring a ‘Negative’ (Covid-19) Rapid Lateral Flow test result within 24 hours of attending the event.
- Participants can order their FREE packs of rapid lateral flow tests to be sent to your home via this link: Order coronavirus (COVID-19) rapid lateral flow tests - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
- We ask for ALL attendees to obtain and carry proof of a ‘Negative’ (Covid-19) Rapid Lateral Flow test whilst attending the event.
- To obtain proof of a ‘Negative’ (Covid-19) Rapid Lateral Flow test you must report your test result via this link: Report a COVID-19 rapid lateral flow test result - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)to receive an official NHS COVID-19 Notification text message or email as proof of a ‘Negative’(Covid-19) Rapid Lateral Flow test result.
- Brian House Children’s Hospice and Trinity Hospice commits to delivering a COVID-Secure Event Environment; implementing all reasonably practicable measures to keep participants, staff and volunteers safe.
- Specific COVID-19 safety instructions will be issued to all participants prior to the event via email.
- Participants must ensure they are following current UK government guidelines during the event in respects to COVID-19.
- Participants should NOT attend the event if they are showing any symptoms of COVID-19 or are required to Self-Isolate for any reason under NHS guidance: When to self-isolate and what to do - Coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS (uk)
- Brian House Children’s Hospice and Trinity Hospice reserves the right to cancel or postpone the event due to circumstances out of our control in relation to the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Should the Blackpool Santa Dash be cancelled or postponed due to Covid-19, participants will be informed of the new event date and their place will be transferred.
- The Blackpool Santa Dash will take place only if Government and local Covid-19 restrictions allow.
- Entries are open in the anticipation that by the event date, Covid-19 restrictions will have been reduced to allow the event to proceed as anticipated.
Brian House Children’s Hospice and Trinity Hospice reserves the right to update its terms and conditions in relation to the Santa Dash at any time prior to the event. All participants will be provided with any updated terms and conditions in advance of the event or on the day.