Beaverbrooks Bike Ride - Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before entering. By entering onto the Beaverbrooks Bike Ride you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Participants must submit an official registration form with the correct non-refundable registration fee.
- All participants are advised to pre-register online. If you were unable to, on the day registration is available. Prices are: Adults: £15 12-15s: £8
- The registration fee contributes to the cost of staging the event and includes your entry pack and fundraising materials. All other funds donated or raised in sponsorship go toward patient care provision at Trinity Hospice.
- We expect the event to have over 700 participants with a number of under 16’s taking part, all of whom will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult, who has also registered for the event.
- The minimum age for children to to take part is 12 years old. Children under 12 may be permitted to take part but must be competent at a level equivalent to the Level 2 Cycle Training Standards. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to enter a child under 12 years old.
- Transfer of places is not normally permitted. However if you are unable to attend the event after registering, and would like to transfer your place please email email@example.com or call 01253 925556.
- Start sites will open to participants from 8:30am until 10:00am
- The event will be controlled by a number of marshals. For the safety of yourself, other participants and the spectators, please abide by any instructions issued by the marshals.
- Sponsor forms are included in your entry pack and must be returned as soon as possible after the event, along with all the lovely funds you have raised.
- We encourage participants to raise sponsorship via an online sponsor form which can be set up at www.justgiving.com/trinitycare or by setting up a Facebook Fundraiser at https://www.facebook.com/fund/TrinityHospiceAndBrianHouseChildrensHospice/
- Please ask all those who sponsor you to tick the Gift Aid box where applicable, so we can make their donation go 25% further for our patients.
- We ask that all sponsorship and donations are returned to Trinity Hospice by 30th August 2023. By doing so, Trinity Hospice can make sure that we are on target to achieve best possible care to those who need it. You can return your funds via cheque made payable to “Trinity Hospice”, along with your sponsorship form to Trinity Hospice, Low Moor Road, Blackpool, FY2 0BG.
- All funds raised by your participation in events in support of Trinity Hospice are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of Trinity Hospice (registered charity no. 511009) and those who receive the support from its services.
- Prior to the event, each participant will receive an individual participant number. Please ensure you complete the contact information on the reverse and wear this number to the event.
- All participants must be accounted for throughout the route. These numbers are unique to you and therefore must not be swapped with other participants.
- Each participant should read and fully adhere to the Golden Rules. These are enclosed in the rider packs issued to each participant after registration. For any on the day registration the golden rules will be handed out at the moment of registration.
- For your safety and enjoyment of the event, we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the event organisers and event marshals.
- If you are unable to complete the route in full, you must inform an event marshal that you are unable to continue and hand in your participant number. First Aid assistance can be sought if required.
- No dogs are allowed on the course at any time.
- The Beaverbrooks Bike Ride involves a level of sustained physical activity. Participants make the decision to take part and must be satisfied that this activity is suitable for them as individuals. Neither Trinity Hospice nor its affiliates can be held accountable for aggravation to illness or injury sustained due to participation in this activity. Participants are recommended to seek advice from their medical practitioner prior to taking part in this event, and make provisions to ensure their safe participation.
- We strongly advise that all participants wear appropriate clothing to ensure their safe and enjoyable participation.
- Participants are asked to come equipped with whatever necessary clothing, medication and nourishment is required to enable enjoyable and safe participation in this activity.
- We aim to ensure the commencement of the event, however, should a decision be necessary to postpone or cancel the event, participants are encouraged to look out for updates via Trinity Hospice social media channels.
- Should alterations to the planned activity be necessary to ensure safety of our participants, we will give prior notice either before the event or on arrival to the event of any alterations made.
- Alcohol is not permitted at the event. Trinity Hospice reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is under the influence of alcohol, whether consumed prior to commencement or during the event. This is done in order to prevent risk to the safety and enjoyment of yourself and others.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during the event to be used to publicise or report on the event and Trinity Hospice generally. Should special dispensation be required, it is the responsibility of the participants to inform Trinity Hospice of such requirements.
Trinity Hospice reserves the right to update its terms and conditions in relation to the Beaverbrooks Bike Ride at any time prior to the event.