Virtual Cycle (Blackpool to Paris & Lands’ End to John O’Groats) – Terms and Conditions
- Participants must submit an official registration form.
- Participants can opt to take part in either Virtual Blackpool to Paris or Lands’ End to John O’Groats (selected in the form).
- All ages are welcome to take part in either long-distance, virtual cycling challenge, but under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Participants will receive a medal and certificate on completion.
- Participants can complete their challenge anytime, anywhere and in whatever way they like. Whilst most cyclists complete the physical equivalent of these challenges in less than a month, you’re not restricted to a time frame, meaning you can also go at your own pace.
- COVID-19: Participants must ensure they are following current UK government guidelines and practice safe social distancing measures.
- Participants taking part in Trinity Hospice virtual events do so entirely at their own risk and are 100% responsible for selecting a safe route to run.
- Virtual Blackpool to Paris and Virtual Lands’ End to John O’Groates involves a level of sustained physical activity. Participants make the decision to take part and must be satisfied that this activity is suitable for them as individuals. Trinity Hospice cannot be held accountable for aggravation to illness or injury sustained due to participation in this activity.
- We strongly advise that all participants wear appropriate footwear and clothing, Please make sure to wear something hi-vis if training at night to ensure safe and enjoyable participation.
- If you are taking part on your own please inform your next of kin, don’t forget to carry a fully charged mobile phone
- Participants can raise sponsorship via an online sponsor form which can be set up at justgiving.com/trinitycare or by setting up a Facebook Fundraiser at https://www.facebook.com/fund/TrinityHospiceAndBrianHouseChildrensHospice/
- Please ask all those who sponsor you to tick the Gift Aid box where applicable, so we can make their donation go 25% further for our patients.
- All funds raised by your participation in events in support of Trinity Hospice are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of Trinity Hospice (registered charity no. 511009) and those who receive the support from its services.
How to provide evidence
- After completing your virtual cycle challenge, participants should submit a photo of themselves/team taking part or alternatively, a screenshot/photo of their Strava route/fitness tracker/ treadmill display. This should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By emailing photos to us, you agree to give Trinity Hospice permission to use your photos for future marketing purposes.
- Trinity Hospice reserves the right to update its terms and conditions in relation to the Virtual Cycle Challenges (Virtual Blackpool to Paris and Virtual Lands’ End to John O’Groats) at any time prior to the event.