Location: Trinity Hospice, Bispham
Receptionists at our Palliative Care Building Reception are the front-line for patients attending clinic appointments and visitors to our Fundraising Team. They also provide a basic administration service to the Fundraising and Voluntary Services teams.
- To warmly greet all visitors to the Palliative Care Building and informing staff of arrivals
- To provide administrative support to the Fundraising Team for events
- Handling and transferring telephone calls from Main Reception. Taking accurate messages if required
- Accepting donations and promoting our Gift Aid scheme
- Operating a sales till for the Reception sales goods
- General housekeeping duties such as making drinks for patients and visitors, ensuring stationery and leaflet supplies are maintained and helping portray a tidy image
- Good communication skills
- Be empathic and caring
- Good telephone manner
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Good organisational skills with the ability to use initiative when required
- Ability to take direction and work within set boundaries
- To be accepting of all people regardless of their differences
What we offer you:
- The opportunity to use your skills to complement our work
- The chance to share your skills and experience with others
- Training and support to build new skills
- A chance to meet lots of new people
- The opportunity of working as part of a team of dedicated staff and volunteers
Volunteers cover the Palliative Care Reception in two shifts per day, Monday to Friday. Shifts are 9.30am to 12.30pm and 12.30pm to 3.30pm. Shifts are also available on an ad-hoc basis using a rota system.
For more information, please call our Voluntary Services Team on 01253 952575.