Location: Blackpool, Fylde & Wyre
Could you become a Hospice Neighbour?
There’s another way you can volunteer your time – by joining our Hospice Neighbours. It’s a scheme to provide practical support to people in their own homes across the Fylde Coast. The world doesn’t stop for people who have a life-limiting illness, there are still everyday tasks that need to be done, and that’s where Hospice Neighbours can step in. Our Neighbours are volunteers who are matched to a patient and provide practical help in the home – though sometimes all that’s needed is a chat and a cup of tea!
Hospice Neighbours can:
- Provide companionship and a listening ear
- Accompany people to appointments, shopping or leisure activities
- Help with small practical tasks around the house or garden
- Give support to attend local activities or groups
- Signpost people to other agencies for support
- Provide some respite for a carer
It’s a really rewarding role, combining companionship with practical help. Something as simple as taking a much-loved dog for a walk can mean a lot to someone struggling to get out of the house. Collecting a prescription or tidying the garden can make such a difference too.
For more information or to apply, please complete the application form or telephone 01253 359374 or email email@example.com