- Participants must submit an official registration form with the correct non-refundable registration fee.
- The registration fee contributes largely to the cost of staging Neon Memory Walk and includes your entry pack and fundraising materials. All funds donated or raised in sponsorship go directly toward patient care provision.
- Everyone is welcome to take part in the walk men, women and children. Any participants under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, who has also registered for the event.
- Transfer of places is not permitted. If you are unable to attend Neon Memory Walk after registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01253 359362.
- The walk will start at 10:30pm on Saturday 8th September, with an estimated finish time of 1:30am. We reserve the right to impose a cut off time, to allow the site to be cleared of participants, equipment and litter.
- The Neon Memory Walk is not a timed event.
- The event will be controlled by a number of marshals. For the safety of yourself, other participants and the spectators, please abide by any instructions issued by the marshals.
- All entrants will receive a ‘Walker Pack’, this includes your walker number, sponsorship forms, your t-shirt and neon laces. On completion you will also receive a commemorative medal and a goody bag together with a well-deserved bite to eat.
- By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during the event to be used to publicise or report on Neon Memory Walk and Trinity Hospice generally. Should special dispensation be required, it is the responsibility of the participants to inform Trinity Hospice of such requirements.
- It is essential that you advise us of any medical conditions and ensure you write the details of your condition on the reverse of your walker number which will be issued prior to the walk.
- Sponsor forms are included in your entry pack and must be returned as soon as possible after the event, along with all the lovely funds you have raised.
- Tick the Gift Aid box where applicable, so we can make your donations go 25% further for our patients. Imagine how much more funds the hospice would receive (at no extra cost to you), if everyone eligible ticked this box.
- We ask that all sponsorship and donations are returned to Trinity Hospice by 19th October 2018. By doing so, Trinity Hospice can make sure that we are on target to achieve best possible care to those who need it. You can return your funds via cheque made payable to “Trinity Hospice”, along with your sponsorship form to Trinity Hospice, Low Moor Road, Blackpool, FY2 0BG, or alternatively you can hand deliver your funds to our main reception between 9-9pm Monday to Sunday.
- All funds raised by your participation in events in support of Trinity Hospice are raised for the sole purpose and benefit of Trinity Hospice (registered charity no. 511009) and those who receive the support from its services.
- Prior to the event, each participant will receive an individual participant number. Please ensure you complete the contact information on the reverse and wear this number to the event. All participants must be accounted for throughout the route. These numbers are unique to you and therefore must not be swapped with other participants.
- For your safety and enjoyment of the event, we ask that you follow and adhere to the instructions given by the event organisers and event marshals. Be aware that trams will be running, please DO NOT walk on the tram tracks.
- If you are unable to complete the 5 or 8 mile route in full, you must inform an event marshal that you are unable to continue and hand in your participant number. Assistance can be sought if required. Trinity Hospice recommend that where possible participants should walk with an acquaintance or stay with other participants.
- Dogs are welcome at the event. All dogs MUST be kept on a lease at all times and you are responsible for cleaning up after your dog.
- Neon Memory Walk involves a level of sustained physical activity. Participants make the decision to take part and must be satisfied that this activity is suitable for them as individuals. Neither Trinity Hospice nor its affiliates can be held accountable for aggravation to illness or injury sustained due to participation in this activity. Participants are recommended to seek advice from their medical practitioner prior to taking part in this event, and make provisions to ensure their safe participation. Medical assistance will be available during Neon Memory Walk.
- We strongly advise that all participants wear appropriate footwear to ensure their safe and enjoyable participation.
- Participants are asked to come equipped with whatever necessary clothing, medication and nourishment is required to enable enjoyable and safe participation in this activity. It may get very cold on Blackpool promenade at night so we recommend that you bring layers to wear under your Neon Memory Walk t-shirt.
- We aim to ensure the commencement of the event, however should a decision be necessary to postpone or cancel the event, participants are encouraged to look out for updates via Trinity Hospice social media channels.
- Should alterations to the planned activity be necessary to ensure safety of our participants, we will give prior notice either before the event or on arrival to the event of any alterations made.
- Alcohol is not permitted at the event. Trinity Hospice reserves the right to disqualify anyone who is under the influence of alcohol, whether consumed prior to commencement or during the event. This is done in order to prevent risk to the safety and enjoyment of yourself and others.