Please find below Covid-19 information for Healthcare Professionals
- Fylde Coast Specialist Palliative Care Team click here
- Fylde Coast end-of-life guidelines click here
- Fylde Coast Advance Care planning & End of Life in Care Homes Guidance click here
- Covid-19 Community symptom control and end-of-life care General Practice click here
- Covid-19 rapid guideline for managing symptoms including at the end of life in the community click here
- Covid-19 care at home guide click here
- Community ACP & care after death guidance for suspected & confirmed Covid-19 Patients click here
- Verification of Expected Death click here
Trinity Hospice Virtual Hub
The community team at Trinity has expanded their virtual clinic to become “Trinity virtual HUB”. The HUB will be held Monday- Friday 9-11am to support care homes, nursing homes and the enhanced primary care teams in community. The neighbourhoods, Care home team and Clifton can contact us between these times using Cisco Jabber for support in managing their palliative and end of life care patients.
The health care professional phoning into the HUB should call (9)52597 which will be answered by one of the admin team. They will inform the nurse that the health care professional is waiting and they will either put them through or take contact details. Their details will then been put into “Trinity Virtual HUB” for the specialist palliative care nurse to see.
There will be a nurse present 9-11am and they will only be unable to answer immediately if they are on another call. This can be used both for video and audio requests for support but please utilise the video as it’s so much easier to have a discussion when you can see who you are talking to and allow your patients to talk to us if you are with them.
Trinity Hospice Virtual Hub call via CISCO JABBER (9)52597 Monday to Friday 9-11am
Trinity hospice have enhanced the medical support to the community specialist palliative care team who will also be available for advice to GPs, community teams and care home staff, via the number below.
24 hour specialist palliative care advice across the Fylde Coast community via Trinity Hospice: 01253 952 566
Other external Information
- Good practice in providing symptom control at end of life is described in the Clinical Practice Summary: Guidelines on consensus to managing Palliative Care Symptoms (NHS North West Coast Strategic Clinical Network 2017) click here
- Royal College of General Practitioners and the Association for Palliative Medicine: Community Palliative, End of Life and Bereavement Care in the Covid-19 pandemic click here
- The NICE Covid-19 rapid guideline for symptom management and end of life care in the community. click here
- NICE Covid-19 rapid guideline: critical care in adults click here
- British Geriatric Society – Managing the Covid-19 pandemic in care homes click here
e-Learning for Health
- Health Education England e-learning for Health (e-LfH) has created an e-learning programme for COVID-19. It is free to access without logging in for the entire UK health and care workforce, including the NHS, independent sector and social care. New content has been added on end of life care and critical care. click here
- The End of Life Care COVID-19 Core sessions click here
- This video link demonstrates how to have sensitive but honest and realistic conversations with our care home residents and their families
- This video from a GP with Morecambe Bay Clinical Commissioning Group highlights the need for a sensitive approach when talking to patients about advance care planning.